Do you know someone with a TV in their living room?

With the TVKeyboard, you'll begin a journey into the richest imaginable multi-media experience... it all starts by connecting a keyboard to the TV in your living room. From there, we can help you create a fully functional multi-media jukebox, that will serve as a hub for all of your family's favorite TV, Movies, Music, Photos, Video Games, and more. Every device you own (PC, Smartphone, Tablet, TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, Game Console, etc.) will be interconnected through an easy to use Home Network.

MediaPortal 1.2.3

I think I prefer Media Portal to XBMC.  On my windows 7 machine, the install and configuration took a little while longer, but the ease of use is superior to XBMC.

MP is open source and free, and I prefer the documentation and the forum content.

If using an OS other than windows 7, the experience may be different.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:

Install Media Portal: After I installed it, I found this guide: http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1602323-mediaportal-setup-guide.html

Using the Extension tool, I installed LAV filters.  This solved a problem I had playing a 3d video file.  I thought it was a missing video codec, but it turns out the main issue might have been the HD Audio.
  1. Start-> Team Media Portal -> MP Extensions Installer
  2. Install the LAV filter
MP played my video in anaglyph (red/blue) 3D.  You can use the paper glasses out of something like a MAD Magazine for this, but my goal is to output to my LG 3D TV.

2nd attempt, Installing MP3D like this: http://mp3d.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How%20to%20install&referringTitle=Documentation

  1. Install Steroscopic Player 1.8.1 (stable) from 3dtv.at
  2. Install MP3D from mp3d.codeplex.com 
Installed world weather, because the default weather channel plugn is disabled because  TWC shut down their free api.

Installed avalon skin: http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/skins?lang=en
Open MPConfig, set avalaon as skin


No comments:

Post a Comment